Sunday, 3 January 2016

A blog is for life and not just for Christmas

I have lapsed! I'm afraid it is a common failing amongst bloggers. But it is a new year, a fresh chance to try out new foods, new recipes, new places to eat and to write about them some more.

Today I am cooking up a sausage casserole at the request of my son, who too soon will be returning to university. Not that I feel hungry - a late lunch of mushrooms, stilton and leftover cream on toast has left me feeling a little full.

To be honest I am starting to crave salad. A Christmas period full of heavy, full fat food may still manage to be low in sugar (avoid the mince pies, go for the stilton and apples) but too much heavy dairy foods, and a tendency to have pudding / cheese for afters plus a higher than normal alcohol intake (I know, I know, high in sugar!) combined with not enough exercise has left me feeling sluggish and my clothes a little tighter.

So here's to a Happy New Year and a return to some clean, fresh  cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment